Safety Notes H statements
- h317: May cause an allergic skin reaction.
Safety Notes P statements
- p261: Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- p280: Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- p333-p313: If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- p362-p364: Take off contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse.
- p501: Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local waste disposal regulations.
Classification of the substance or mixture
· Classification according to Directive 67/548/EEC or Directive 1999/45/EC:
R43: May cause sensitisation by skin contact.
Our products are classified according to European Directive 99/45/EC and its amendments.
Our products contains fully natural rosins and/or a rosin derivative. Rosin and some rosin derivatives have been reported to cause allergic skin reaction (sensitization) in susceptible individuals after repeated or prolonged contact.
Colophony (rosin) is a sticky resin derived from pine trees and a recognized cause of allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), a type IV hypersensitivity reaction. It is present in many products including string rosin, and is a common culprit of allergic reactions. Due to the physical nature of this material, it may cause eye, skin and respiratory irritation.
Our products also contains natural beeswax. While rare, some people may have an allergic reaction to beeswax. When applied to the skin: Beeswax is LIKELY SAFE for most people when applied directly to the skin. While rare, some people may have an allergic skin rash after applying beeswax.
Advice to Doctor: Treat Symptomatically. Note the nature of this product.
General advice: When Beeswax is heated above the human body temperature and depending on the length of time the heated Beeswax is exposed to the skin it will cause the skin to burn. In case of burns quickly immerse affected area in cold water for at least 20 minutes. Contact a Physician immediately.
If inhaled: May cause respiratory tract irritation. The hazard is low for usual industrial handling. If overcome by fumes remove from exposure immediately and contact a physician if cough or other symptoms appear.
In case of skin contact: Beeswax normally not known as an irritant. Beeswax may cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material. The hazard is low for usual industrial handling. If an allergic reaction occurs wash affected areas thoroughly with soap and water for at least 15 minutes. Contact a Physician as necessary.
In case of eye contact: Check for and remove any contact lenses. Dust may cause a mechanical irritation. Flush eyes with water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid if irritation persists.
Most important symptoms/effects, acute and delayed: Not Available. Immediate medical attention and special treatment needed, if any: Skin burns occur from hot liquid Beeswax. Contact a physician immediately.